Welcome to the Northland Division of Parkinson's N.Z.
We offer support, information and education to people with Parkinson's (and other related disorders) their caregivers, Rest Home Staff and work along with allied health professionals to see that our clients get the best possible care.
Members are asked to pay a small Annual Subscription fee which covers some of the cost of our monthly newsletter, our everyday running costs and the wages and mileage expenses for the staff. We endeavour to obtain grants from Charitable Trusts and the local COGS Committees and Lottery Seniors but unfortunately these do not cover all our outgoings so other fund raising is also required during the year.
The newsletter contains dates for upcoming events, reports from the Chairman, Field Officer, Committee and articles of interest from members etc. We are not allowed to print information on Research etc. This is all printed in the Parkinsonian.
The committee employs 1 Field Officer covering from Topuni in the South across the Kaipara and north to the North Cape - Coast to coast. We also employ a Coordinator who carries out all the Secretarial duties, Treasurer duties and produces our monthly newsletter as well as applying for funding.
Northland is managed by a very capable committee made up of Members, Carers and Community Volunteers.
We are registered with the Charities Commission, Regn. number CC 27392.
Parkinson's Society of Northland Inc
PO Box 641
Telephone: 09 436 1196
The Field Officer Service:
- Provides home visits to re-assure, motivate and advise people with Parkinson's and others associated with them.
- Acts as health advocate for health services.
- Monitors medication management and helps note any beneficial or adverse affects.
- Monitors progress of the condition and advises on effective management strategies.
- Refers clients to other agencies, e.g. for assessment for home support.
- Holds in-service training in rest homes and for other health services and organises educational courses.
Field Officer: Vicki Sadgrove
09 459 7331 027 268 4973
See file attachment for list of Support and Exercise Groups
|Membership form.pdf||141.66 KB|
|Support & Exercise Groups.pdf||848.58 KB|
|Current Newsletter.pdf||2.57 MB|